A bridge to your church
Give the divorced a reason to turn to your church for help
Divorce is excruciating. Those who have experienced it may feel alone in their grief, loss, shame, or guilt. And in today’s post-Christian culture, they may not instinctively turn to the church for help.
A DivorceCare support group becomes a bridge for people in divorce and separation to find their way to your church.
“We have seen people from our community—who we formerly were unable to reach—come to our doors and feel welcome.”Pastor, Raleigh, NC
Easy to assemble
This 13-week, Christ-centered support group program is simple to get in place.
- Lay-led design: Lay volunteers can easily lead DivorceCare.
- Video-based: Insightful videos feature respected Christian counselors and pastors. Your lay leaders don’t need to be teachers!
- Ready-to-use discussion guides: The leader’s guide has weekly agendas and discussion questions. Minimal planning time is needed.
- Complete kit of resources: The DivorceCare kit has everything a lay team needs to start and build a successful ministry—publicity packet, volunteer recruitment tools, video training, detailed checklists, and more.
- Free coaching: Ministry coaches are available by phone to answer questions as you start and grow your ministry.
“An influx of divorced people?
I’m not sure our church can handle that.”
How DivorceCare’s design relieves that concern:
- DivorceCare focuses on helping people deal with the emotional and spiritual fallout of a divorce. So your volunteers don’t have to be divorce litigation experts.
- The videos provide wisdom and counsel from trained pastors and counselors. The burden won’t land on your lay leaders!
- Featured experts give practical advice on finances, how to reduce conflict with an ex-spouse, and how to avoid costly legal battles.
- The small group format allows your laypeople to care for several hurting people at once.
“Divorce is a moment of great brokenness, and in such moments people are willing to try new things. Church involvement happens to be one of them.”– Dr. Michael Lindsay, Author, Surveying the Religious Landscape: Trends in U.S. Belief
What people are saying about DivorceCare
“Most of our participants have not come from our church, but at least half end up staying.”Lay leader
“One of our most effective, healing outreaches.”Pastor, GA
“Many of the people in our new [DivorceCare] class have no church affiliation.”Lay leader
“To have that evangelistic opportunity in our community has been tremendous.”Pastor, NC
“Many [DivorceCare participants] have ended up a vital part of our church membership.”Pastor, NC
How will people find your DivorceCare group?
Free DivorceCare promotional tools
We’ve created dozens of free resources that you can use to promote your church’s DivorceCare ministry. Discover what’s available.
|13 Video Sessions on DVD|
|Leader Training Video on DVD|
|Access to our Leaders’ Forum|
|“Find a Group” listing on our website|
|Free phone support and coaching|
Prices in US dollars
International shipping at cost
|$340 $15 shipping Order||$440 $20 shipping Order||$540 $25 shipping Order|
30-day satisfaction guarantee
If you are not satisfied with your kit, return it to us within 30 days for a refund (excluding shipping charges). This policy does not apply to items purchased in addition to the kit. Returns for other materials will be accepted only if they are damaged or defective.
Check your DVDs. It is essential that you view your DVDs within 30 days of receipt to confirm quality. We will be happy to replace any defective DVDs within 30 days after you have received your DivorceCare kit. Replacement cannot be made beyond this 30-day period.
Questions? Talk to our team today.
800-489-7778 or 919-562-2112 International